This isn’t what I was looking for
When I walked away from you
This isn’t life the way
I imagine when I close my eyes
I wanna look at the stars
And see your face
I wanna love my neighbor
As much as I love myself
I didn’t know I could be so selfish
But it’s easy when I’m alone
I didn’t know life was so easy
But empty without love
I wanna hold onto creation
Feel the warmth of another
I wanna remember what I believe in
That string that holds us all together
This isn’t what I was looking for
When I told you we have it all wrong
I never meant to live the life
That doesn’t seek truth
My thoughts have scattered
But I’m still thinking about you
I’ve just been tryin’ to survive
Trying to figure out who I am
Secrets found their way into the light
But your voice didn’t change its tone
Structure turned into chaos
But consistent chaos feels like structure
Change always finds a way
To change everything that’s comfortable
I wasn’t sure what to expect
But I have to say I’m okay with how it all turned out
This, this isn’t life
That, that wasn’t either
What next, what next?
Time just keeps coming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment