I'm inspired to start blogging again. However, I'm entirely too secretive and boring to put anything interesting. This is recent attempt number 5 to make a blog. We'll see how it goes.
I am never sure what to name my blogs. It's a rather nerve-wrecking decision, once you enter it and click submit, it's yours...forever. So I start thinking about something creative and unique but it has to be cool at the same time, and also representative of me as a person; reflective of my personality or my thoughts. I sat for a good 5 minutes trying to think of something, anything before I became discouraged. Then I thought, this is just like picking out a tattoo...you want it to be meaningful and reflect something about who you are and it's there more or less forever. Tattoo...tattoo... that could be a cool blog name I thought. Then that gay song came to mind, "just like a tattoo, I'll always love you" and ruined my creativityiness. I've always like the word tattoo in Spanish though. Tatuaje. It's just fun to say, like trabajaba but not quite as silly. Okay, okay... I'm going to do it. I'm going to name my blog Tatuaje. I typed it in the blank...ewww...it just doesn't look cool... so I reconsidered for a moment before typing it in with all lower case letters... tatuaje... hmmmm.... for some reason it looks cooler in lower case.... okay... I've decided... and I look to the next blank... "Please choose a url..." shit...wait, wait, not a big deal... I'll just use tatuaje...cool... I type it in... "check availability...." NOOOOOOO!!! It's unavailable. Which is a good indication that somewhere out there in Internetopia there is someone who has already thought about tattoos and blog names being similar... and I didn't even get an edge in on them with the whole Spanish thing...errrrr...
Okay, okay, let's look at blogger's suggestions: jeremy-tatuaje, tatuaje-jeremy... really? no. Okay... I could just put some numbers after it...but then that would distract from the word tatuaje and people would just wonder why I picked those numbers....hmmmm.... jladdtatuaje? too long....jtatuaje? makes the word look like it has a "jh" sound at the beginning... jltatuaje? still looks funny....jl-tatuaje? Okay... I can live with that... CREATE!
"Please pick a template...." errgh... I don't like any of these except the one Taren picked and I can't pick that one because she picked it...Ugh... I don't want to think about it, I just go with the plain white one.
Yay! Blog created. Now I just have to think about what to write about. Blogging makes life difficult. :) But it makes me think, and I like thinking. (Like write then I first typed "I like to think" and I thought, that sounds funny, so I backspaced and typed "thinking" and I thought that sounds better but why do I use the gerund form instead of the infinitive? My language skills are being affected by Spanish and all the bad English I hear. The other day I actually said "I have thirst." without meaning to. But it was because I was thinking in Spanish and then talking in English so it came out "I haveIam thirsty." ay...)
Anywho... that's a small glimpse into the way my mind works. It's confusingly complicated and sporadic... Welcome to my life.
-jeremy
(ugh... I just saw that the template make the blog title all caps... no, blogger.com, no! give me creative freedom!!!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
jajajaja. you have thirst. asi me gusta!
ReplyDelete