Thursday, October 22, 2009

I could use a snuggie 'bout now...

I'm cold. The heater is on and it's not really cold at all in the piso (except in the hallway), but my feet are freezing. At home I have this thing that I warm up in the microwave and I can put on my feet and it feels amazing. I've been asking myself for a week why I didn't pack it. It's totally coming back with me in January.

Speaking of going home, I've been thinking about all the things I'm going to eat when I get back to America.

From the airport I'm going to go through the drive thru at Wendy's and get a Spicy Chicken Sandwhich. That is number one on the list right now.

At some point during my month home I also want to eat at Krystal, Quiznos, Waffle House, The BBQ Place, Katy's, and Chili's.

I also plan to go to Cracker Barrel one Sunday for the Sunday special, two big chunks of fried chicken, with corn and okra of course. And corn bread......ummmmmmmm.

I've been doing fine with the food in Spain. It's just like I'm a poor college student still only I don't have meals on my ID for the Dining Hall. I haven't even been eating that many french fries! I mainly eat bread and chorizo. hahaha. I have discovered a love for fried zuchinni, though.

Coke here tastes better. I think it's because it's made with sugar and not high frutose corn syrup. I've also discovered a love for hot tea. I'm looking forward to a cup of freshly brewed black coffee, though. I've grown accustomed to the cup of milk with a drop of coffee they have here, but I miss drinking pure coffee. Maybe I can get a cup of joe at Krispy Kreme and enjoy a freshly baked doughnut that isn't the cake kind with it. (yeah, I'll settle for crappy coffee at Krispy Kreme to have a doughnut.)

I'm also going to drive as much as I can while I'm home. I haven't driven since September 9th and I'm hoping I will still remember how to drive.

Not looking forward to the 1am bus ride to Madrid to catch my flight though. Eh, sacrifices.

-jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment